Experience the difference when you get your waxing done by our professional and discreet waxing beauticians at Hollywood Nails. Whether you need a quick underarm wax or a full leg or brazilian wax, you can be certain you will have the best service by one of our lovely female therapists.
We offer facial waxing, body waxing and delicate waxing in a comfortable and discreet environment.
- To assure the best results from your waxing service, please do not shave prior or in between your appointments.
- Exfoliating prior to your appointment is recommended.
- Attend your service with clean skin (no moisturiser and preferably no makeup for facial waxing).
- Hair should generally be at least 3-4mm and up to 10mm, to be waxed effectively.
- It is advisable to wait 2 weeks after any IPL or laser treatment before waxing.
- Redness is very normal as the skin needs time to settle after waxing (usually 48-72hours). A soothing gel can be applied to assist with this.
- Cotton, loose clothing are the best post-wax clothes to help avoid irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Avaid chemicals to the waxed region until your skin has settled (this includes perfume, antiperspirants and chlorine)
- Avoid direct sunlight, hot water, saunas and vigorous exercise until your skin has settled.
Preventing Ingrown Hairs
The best way to discourage ingrown hairs is to honor the post-wax recommendations above as well as exfoliate regularly. Using an exfoliating mitt in conjunction with an ingrown hair serum is a great combination to combat unwanted ingrown hairs. Talk to your beautician about your aftercare and any concerns you may have.
Do Not Get A Wax If...
Do not get a waxing service if you have used Alpha Hydroxy Acids or Glycolic products in the past 48-72 hours, or if you are using RetinA, Renova or Accutane in the past 4 weeks, or are sunburnt.