Sleeping Beauty is so lucky to be looking so radiant when she woke up and met her Prince. But not because you’re not a fantasy princess character doesn’t mean that you can’t look as good as that the moment you open your eyes in the morning. The truth is, no matter how stressed out you are yesterday, there’s always a way to look fresh and new the next day. Don’t let the stress vibes of yesterday ruin your mornings. Follow these suggestions and look as fresh as a princess in the morning.
The key to looking your best the next day is by making time for some preparations. There’s no magic wand that will make your best look happen to you. You need to prep the night before so you can wake up to a stunning new you each morning.
Preparations before going to bed:
1. Thoroughly clean your face. Whatever makeup or product you put on your face, make sure that you get rid of all of them before you sleep at night. This will not only keep the zits off your face but also keep your look far from resembling a hungover zombie. Just get rid of all those layer of makeup and product before you hit the hay.
2. Keep your products simple. If you need a makeup remover, pick one that works well on your skin type. Also, to moisturise your skin, you don’t need to apply all of the moisturisers you can get your hands on. It only takes a minute to properly apply your moisturisers and gel creams, just limit your products to what you need. You don’t need a whole bunch of them to wake up having a dewy, fresh, and princess-like skin. Just pick the product that works for you and stick with those products that works for you.
3. Don’t forget to moisturise your feet. You should not only focus on your face and body. You also need to give your tired feet a daily dose of tender-loving-care or TLC. As a trick, slick a coat of your favourite moisturiser onto your feet and cover them with slip on socks to lock in the moisture. In the morning, you are sure to be greeted by a pair of pinkish, pedicure-soft feet.
4. Now you may have been amazed at how some women seem to have just rolled over their bed and wake up having those sexy waves. Their secret? They braid their hair before going to bed. To achieve soft beach waves, apply a soft hold styling cream on your damp hair. Divide your hair into sections and braid it from the roots to end. In the morning, when you wake up, use your fingers to gently comb out the braid of your hair. Finish it with a few spritz of texturising spray.
Here’s how to achieve beauty while sleeping:
1. If you notice dryness to your hair, then try sleeping with a deep conditioner on your hair or a night time treatment at least once a week.
2. Humidifier is a gal’s best beauty friend. Sleeping with a humidifier allows your skin to have extra dose of moisture while you sleep through the night. It helps soothe and hydrate dry and itchy skin.
3. Always sleep on your back. This should prevent puffy eyes as this sleeping position prevents fluid build up around the eyes.
4. If you have the budget to indulge your inner princess, then dress your pillows with a satin or silk pillowcase for maximum night time beautification. Satin and silk are materials known to lessen wrinkle-inducing pressure on your skin. Also, these fabrics are good for your hair as it avoids hair breakage as you rest your mane on it.
As you can see, waking up looking your very best doesn’t take much time, money or effort. So discover your go-to nighttime beauty routine and stick with it. Soon, you will wake up to more beautiful mornings and more beautiful YOU.